Multi-file upload using SWFUpload
I heard a few times in the past about SWFUpload and recently I decided to try it out..
<param name="FlashVars" value="uploadBackend=%2Fservices%2Fupload&uploadStartCallback=Uploader.onStart&uploadProgressCallback=Uploader.onProgress&uploadCompleteCallback=Uploader.onComplete&uploadCancelCallback=Uploader.onCancel&uploadErrorCallback=Uploader.onError&allowedFiletypes=%2A.gif%3B%2A.jpg%3B%2A.mp3&allowedFilesize=204800&uploadQueueCompleteCallback=Uploader.onQueueComplete" />
Very easy to use.. The only thing I really miss is the fact that selecting files and uploading is a combined step.. Not really handy in terms of usability..
My feature requests:
- Have a separate method for selecting files before upload.
- Allow the ability to replace the file upload list, but also append to the list.
- Have the callbacks return index numbers for the files.. Right now the only unique property you get is the filename, and there could be situations where 2 files with the same name are uploaded (rare, but still..).
- Implement a method for canceling the upload progress.
- Implement a method to remove a file from the upload queue.
The other problem I ran into using flash uploads are http cookie bugs.. I covered that in my last post.